About This Blog

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints. And on this blog, I share some of the things I believe in with you (in case you're interested) in addition to the church talks I gave in the past.

A word of warning: I DO NOT like to sugarcoat my thoughts and experiences. I express my thoughts in a direct and honest manner. And sometimes, the truth is hard and hurtful to hear. If you're offended by anything I say regarding my experiences in the Church, then I suggest you not read this blog. I am in no way trying to denounce anything regarding the Church but to promote the good of it. I am also attempting to show that Mormons (as we are generally called) are not weird people but normal people going about doing good in our communities.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Alma 13:24

For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.

While I was at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, one of my teachers there shared this scripture with me. She said she thought of me and my family circumstances when she read this scripture, so that's why she shared it with me. I come from a part-member family and my my mother is not a member of the Church. I was also going to Japan for my mission and my mother is actually a native Japanese; I don't think it was coincidence. My MTC teacher testified to me that I too am an angel, being a missionary I was going to declare the word of God to the Japanese people. She also in a way, comforted me in a sense that my family would be alright during my two year absence because angels were going to administer to them as well.

Long story short, this scripture was something I needed to hear and it pretty much became my backbone and long-term theme throughout my mission. Being an angel to my family, being an angel to the people I was going to serve and be amongst to administer... I like to think that we all have angels around us watching our backs. Angels are not just some divine being sent from heaven or something out of fictional movies or fantasy. Angels can be regular people like you and me; we all have that ability to touch the lives of those around us and we all do it differently, in our own unique way. And for most of the time, we have no idea how much of an impact we are making. I also like to think that when we're away from those who are dear to us, we shouldn't have a need to worry because they'll be taken care of and watched over. And who's watching over all of us more than Heavenly Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment